People often do not go to the dentist’s because of an unpleasant memory or because they hate it when someone is fumbling in their mouth with dental instruments… There can be many reasons for people avoiding dental treatments. Unfortunately, such neglect can cause serious damage on the long run.
Dental care is important because poorly maintained teeth can be the source of many diseases, such as:
– digestive problems caused by inadequate chewing
– bacterial infections
– bleeding gums
– significant increase in the risk of periodontal disease, of pneumonia and cardiovascular diseases
– development of dementia
Unfortunately, most people are not aware of these consequences.
In today’s modern world, you should absolutely not be afraid of the dentist any more, since with modern technologies and anesthetics you can avoid any inconvenience. You can get dental anesthesia for dental pain. Painless dental treatments help patients with dental anxiety.
What is the solution if you prefer not to feel and know anything during a major dental treatment?
The ideal solution is dental anesthesia during the dental treatment. You not only feel no discomfort during the dental sedation, you also will hear nothing and the inner tension is released. All you will remember of your dental treatment is a pleasant sleep. There is no dental implant pain involved.
The need for dental anesthesia during an often unpleasant and long treatment is becoming more common. General anesthesia shuts down the outside world, one does not feel anything, and there is no discomfort. If you have chosen dental anesthesia for your dental treatment, fill in one of our request forms on our contact page and tick the ‘I would like to receive anesthesia’ box, we will then contact you by phone or e-mail.
Dental sedation is an invasive interference to the body, so in every case a detailed medical history (health state and history), possibly a laboratory examination, ECG, and chest radiograph are extremely important.
We will need you to fill out a medical history form that you should e-mail us. If you have indicated to us that you would like to have your treatment under full dental anesthesia, we will send you the necessary medical history form by e-mail. After that, the anesthetist will decide which examinations must be carried out and whether you are allowed to have dental anesthesia. The examinations can be carried out either in your home country (this has the advantage that the majority of the possible reasons that could be against an anesthesia will be discovered before the trip) or in Hungary with us (this will lengthen your treatment time by 1-2 days).
In the presence of certain diseases, dental anesthesia involves too many risk factors. These include diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, diseases of the nervous system, some allergies, asthma and immunocompromised conditions.
How does it work? Dental anesthesia step by step:
1. After the doctor who carries out the examinations has stated that everything is ok with you and has provided you with preliminary advice (e.g. medication), you show up to the appointment at your clinic in Hungary with your own personal assistant.
2. Yor outerwear should be a short-sleeved shirt, t-shirt or a blouse. Ladies can keep their bra on, but must not wear any make-up and must remove the nail polish from their left index finger.
3. It is important that you do not to eat for eight hours and do not to take any fluids for six hours prior to the procedure. You should avoid (or at least reduce) smoking for 24 hours before the procedure. If you have to take medications prescribed by the anesthetist, take them with a little water. It is important that if you experience symptoms of a cold, fever or diarrhea immediately before surgery, you must inform the anesthesiologist at once, because these symptoms could be life-threatening whilst under dental anesthesia. In this case the anesthesia cannot be carried out in your interest and you will have to postpone the appointment.
4. Upon your arrival at the clinic our specialist will examine you and discuss the information on the previously provided medical history form with you. Should the doctor notice any health changes which may have an increased risk for you, he can postpone the anesthesia before the procedure, request more examinations or even cancel the anesthesia permanently.
After the anesthesiologist has answered all your possible questions, you sign the anesthesia consent form. If you do not sign it, we are not allowed to perform the dental anesthesia.
In each case our specialists are an anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist assistant. This is the statutory criterion for safe dental anesthesia.
5. After you have made yourself comfortable in the dental chair, our specialists will mount the observational devices on you: ECG monitor, oxygen state controller, finger clip, blood pressure monitor.
6. They will insert a vein cannula in your left arm (the only unpleasant moment before anesthesia), through which the anesthetic will be pumped during the procedure.
7. The anesthetist holds a transparent facial mask on your face, through which he secures oxygen.
8. At the same time, the anesthetist assistant injects the anesthetic through the vein cannula.
9. Once you are completely asleep and unconscious, the medication will turn off the muscle functions for a short time, and the anesthetist inserts a breathing tube into your trachea and fixes it.
10. After making sure that the tube is in the correct position, the will connect it to the anesthesia machine. After everything has been thoroughly checked, the dental procedure can begin.
Waking up and key points summarized
Throughout the duration of the dental treatment you are in an unconscious sleep, but in an artificially preserved state. You may feel and realize nothing. When the dental procedure is completed, the specialists wake you up and remove the breathing tube before you are fully back to consciousness. Thanks to modern drugs, you can be fully awake in no time.
The anesthetist and assistant monitor the full awakening until it meets the requirements of the decree protocol.
You get a full explanation of what to do after the dental anesthesia. You receive the instructions and, if necessary, also the prescription of the medications. If you do not come with accompaniment, your personal assistant and your driver will accompany you to your hotel. You should spend 24 hours after anesthesia with recovery. Respect the time intervals for your meals, drink plenty of fluids (you must not drink alcohol of coure!)
If you have any questions or problems, you can contact us at any time using the contact details.
This information is only for your safety, the information provided is not comprehensive. For any resulting questions, you can ask the anesthetist before the dental anesthesia.
Dream, you are in safe in our hands, your beautiful smile is no longer a dream.